this was my first full weekend with the babies, and their first ever overnight(s) with anyone besides their parents. basically, this was a feet into the fire test for everyone before shit gets real for the next six months.
- gummy multivites
- lots of practice playing fridge hangman
- the babies’ tendency to dress in hilariously awful monochrome when given the freedom to choose their own outfits
- morning baby voices
- the moment i sit down, i’m immediately receiving cuddles from at least one tiny child
- everyone’s potty-trained (those prior were the bleakest of years)
- scooping spilled skittles out of the sink in the men’s restroom at a bowling alley full of old, drunk tourney bowlers
- screaming tantrums at the slightest provocation
- they never want to listen to the radio while driving
- why don’t the boys close the door when they pee????
- lack of xanax
- have to lock the door while changing clothes or showering because they’re assholes and will just barge right in on a whim
- saying, “i’m just going to go into the basement to switch the laundry!” so i can hide from them for five minutes, just give me five minutes, please no one look at me for five minutes